Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Do Something Different



I just got back from Disneyworld. In 5 days, I took over a thousand shots (RAW format nonetheless) of mostly family in and around Disney scenery. Sometimes I get on my wife's (and kid's) nerves with all the pausing and posing for shots; however, I rarely hear any complaints once we get home and make some prints. I recall that when taking the shot above my wife was nudging me to head toward the buses. I have to give her some credit though, the heat was absurd (around 95F when this shot was taken).

I just happened to see the shot because I was looking at his shadow and thinking about how cool the mouse ears looked. As you can see, we were in the harsh sunlight and I couldn't get my kid to stand still so I could get the proper sillouhette of the mouse ears. Without the evening sun though, this shot wouldn't have been there. Patiently, I waited and encouraged a hot kid and wife to hold still and hold on, respectively. Both finally complied and I got my shot, which happens to be one of my wife's favorite shots of the 1000 or so that I took. Sure, there's some great scenic photos and cute snapshots with characters; but everybody gets those, right? Not everybody gets something different for the family album though. So, do something else. Look up, look down. Look places that others don't always look and you'll get something different. And maybe something special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home